Volunteer at Sarge’s Animal Rescue Fountation
Giving hands-on care to animals, cleaning, providing community outreach, providing administrative support and more, Sarge’s volunteers save lives and contribute to the health and well-being of animals while working alongside others who desire to take action on their behalf.
We provide the training for all volunteer positions, so no prior experience is required. Whether you’d like to focus on animal care and cleaning, working off-site events, helping in the office, driving transport, or helping to make a fundraising event successful, you can be a part of the life-saving work we do.
Expectations of Sarge’s volunteers
- Dedicated volunteers help out every day and we schedule their hours according to animal care needs. It is vitally important that volunteers show up for their shifts. If you need tasks that have more flexibility, we look forward to finding the right volunteer task for you.
- While people come to Sarge’s because they love animals, Sarge’s volunteers must also be able to work well with other people. Sarge’s isn’t just about animals—it’s about people helping animals.
- For everyone’s protection, volunteers must use the safe animal handling techniques taught in their required training.
- All tasks, from cleaning cages to stuffing envelopes, have specific procedures. Volunteers must adhere to these procedures unless a staff member directs them otherwise.
- Once volunteers know their work routines, they are expected to work with minimal supervision. Following through on tasks ensures the animals are receiving the best possible care. Staff are always available and happy to answer questions.
If you’re interested in volunteering with Sarge’s, please follow these steps:
- Be of age. Volunteer positions have a minimum age requirement of 18.
- Be in the area. Most opportunities are at locations in Haywood County, NC. Please consider the potential commute before applying to volunteer.
- Submit an online application. Please fill out a volunteer application and tell us more about you! Click here.
- Attend an orientation. You will learn about the volunteer positions available at Sarge’s, our history and policies.
- Let us know how you’d like to help. Our volunteer coordinator can help set you up with a task that is a good fit and that sounds like fun for you.
- Get started! We look forward to seeing you.
Please note Sarge’s cannot accommodate those seeking to fulfill court-ordered community service.
Fill Out a Form
Please take a few moments to complete this application so we can make the most appropriate arrangements for your volunteer time. Thank you for your commitment to helping animals in need.